14 Apr Raw Brownie Recipe: The Ultimate Healthy Treat
Healthy Raw Brownie Recipe!
Discover raw brownie bliss with these astoundingly healthy treats.
This week I am sharing my top secret raw brownie recipe so you can make the most delectably dreamy, almost too good to be true treats.
These raw brownies are so amazingly delicious you would never ever guess they are incredibly nutritious and oh so good for you too. Your sugar cravings no longer stand a chance! Now you have the ultimate raw brownie recipe on your side.
These are always a huge hit on our yoga retreats and in our super food cookery classes and yoga brunches. I love taking them on surf trips or enjoying them when I need a mid-afternoon energy boost – I basically take them everywhere with me. You can learn loads more about creating amazing whole food, plant based, super healthy and delicious dishes like these raw brownies by joining our next Shine Yoga retreat in Cornwall!
When you make these please comment below and let me know how much you loved them!
P.S This is a recipe you are going to want to share. Then someone else can make these for you! Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this post and click below ‘sharing is caring’ to spread some health and happiness!
Makes: 8 Brownies or 16 Brownie Bites
For the brownie:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup medjool dates, stones removed
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the coconut ganache topping:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the nuts, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt into the food processor [tooltip text=”If you want a smooth brownie blend the nuts to a fine flour before adding the other ingredients, I like some bigger pieces of nut for crunch so just throw them in with the other ingredients!”] and blend until well combined and the nuts are the desired size.[/tooltip]
- Place in an container about 6 x 4 inches (I use a plastic tuperware tub) lined with baking paper. Press the mix down to fill the container.
- Place in the freezer.
- Make the ganache by melting the coconut oil in a small saucepan on a low heat then stirring in cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Remove the brownie from the freezer and pour over the ganache. Spread it all over the brownie. Return to the freezer.
- When you are ready to serve remove from the freezer. Run a sharp knife in hot water and cut the brownie into squares. Allow them to sit for 10 minutes to warm slightly.
- Store the raw brownies in the fridge.
This raw brownie recipe was inspired by Oh She Glows.
Your friends and family are going to adore this recipe too. Tell them about it so they can make these for you 🙂